Vintage Booth Price Tags

4:13 PM


Yes, we are writing another blog post on price tags. If you are new around here and missed the previous posts from a couple of years back you can click on the links below. 

The Skinny on Price Tags (Feb 14, 2017)
6 Tips for Better Price Tags (Aus 15, 2017)

Price tags are pretty darn important. They are the deal breaker. When a customer checks an item for the price if the tag is missing you may lose the sale. If you have your item priced too high, you could lose the sale too. But having a pretty price tag can sometimes seal the deal. Maybe not for everyone, but personally am a sucker for tags. More times than I care to count, I have bought something because it was packaged pretty or had an attractive tag.

I know a lot of you don't bother with pretty tags because you are in malls that keep your tags. When talking to other dealers I hear this a lot. They figure why waste the time and money when the tag doesn't go home with the customer. I see your point. However, there is a way around this. You can use tags that are perforated. The mall/store can tear off the bottom half and leave the top half for the customer. This next photo is a sample of a tag that one of our readers submitted. She says the shop cuts off the bottom and the top goes home with the customer.
Via: Jennifer Goldberg

Tags come in all sizes, shapes, and colors. You can make them with crafts you have laying around the house or you can make them on the computer. You can also enlist the help of a graphic designer. Rubber stamps are one way to go. You can find them at any local hobby store. I knew one lady that used to save all her greeting cards. She would then use a die cut in different shapes to punch the paper out and then tie them with a pretty vintage ribbon.

I have seen everything from old playing cards, bingo card, flash cards to old photos and everything in between. When you have been in this business as long as I have you have seen a little bit of it all. So for those people that struggle with tags I wanted to share some inspiration.

This first picture is a business card that was printed through Vista Print. These look like 2.5" tags which I have always been fond of. I like this look better than the standard business card.
Pamela shared this next photo. It is a remnant of an embroidered linen.  This is a clever idea to do something creative with ruined linens. Although I love this look I think it would be just a tad to time-consuming for my hectic life. 
Via: Pamela Miller
Christi says she prints 20 tags per page on brown kraft paper. There is something so elegant about kraft tags. These are generally my go-to tag as well.
Via: Christi Petersen

You can find this manilla style tags at Walmart or your local office supply store. I have also seen these on Amazon too. My friend, Leslie used to order hers online and then she tea stained them. 


This next tag is just a rubber stamp on brown kraft paper. You could also use other colors of paper and rubber stamp pads. 
Via: Stacy Clark

I think this last tag touched my heart. This is a great way to honor a loved one. Here is what our reader said: 
I have used the picture of my Daddy standing beside his mother and little brother. On the flip side of the business card tag is a place to price my items. I designed on VistaPrint.
Via: Sherdian Oakley

These are some cute old photos that were meant for a gift tag, but could also be used as a price tag. 

Here is a little sneak peek look at some printable tags I'm working on for our online shop. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments