Dollar Store Garden Fencing = Faux Wrought Iron

7:24 AM

A couple of years ago, I had a booth at Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors. The previous booth owners had really gone all out and added an arbor and mock-style doors on the front two sides. I loved my booth, but I still felt like it was missing something. Maybe I should show you a before and after blog post about how I transformed my old booth. Anyway. I wanted to give it some pizazz, but I just wasn't sure what that would be. Then one day when I was strolling the aisles at Dollar Tree when I stumbled onto those plastic, garden fencing panels. It hit it! I knew I was going to give them a makeover and hang them upside-down along the top of my booth.


Here they are before I transformed them. 

 I just gave them a quick coat of Valspar spray paint and then distressed them a bit. I snipped off the spikes with wire cutters. I have also done some other projects and I used scissors to cut the sides. Some of the fence panels are harder to cut than the previous ones I have bought. 

 Here they are in my booth

Click here to watch my booth makeover on Youtube.


Yesterday I was shopping in a store called Roses. I think these are only in the South East but I may be wrong. If you have never heard of them it is kind of like a Big Lots or a Fred's. They are starting to put out Spring merchandise and I spotted these. All of these were only $1 per panel. I think each panel is 24" long. I can't remember for sure.


These are so much prettier than the ones I used.  


I took several photos so you could see all the different ones. I know there are lots of crafty people out there that could do something very creative with these. 







The photo above was shared by Lisa Evans. 


This last photo was shared by Beth Marohn


You Might Also Like

0 comments