Monday Makeover

5:00 PM

Hi friends. I hope your week is off to a great start. Today has been a rough day, but trying to get through it and stay positive. We are starting a new feature on the blog called: Makeover Monday. Each week we will feature some of your best makeovers. So be sure to get those before and after photos and submit them to BoothCrush@gmail.com. 

For this installment I am sharing a frame I found while out junkin. Now, you may be thinking that's not so bad and you are right. It was actually a beautiful frame. It is large, solid wood and very ornate. However, when I got to looking closely the wood had a lot of cracks and splits in it. When I first spotted it I thought instantly it's going to be a chalkboard. That was before I surveyed the condition. I am not sure what it used to be in it's previous life, mirror maybe! After I pondered it for a while I decided to come up with a jewelry holder. 






I painted it with Annie Sloan's French linen and dry brushed the edges in pure white. I then added those screw in hooks to hold jewelry. It was an easy makeover. I ended up loving it so much I decided to keep it for myself. Isn't that the way it happens. Here are the after images. 





We hope you enjoyed this makeover and will be inspired to get creative. Be sure to share with us for a chance to get featured on the blog. Happy painting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments