The Cheapest Backdrop You will Ever Make!

5:41 PM

I know it has been far too long since I lasted posted here. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to become more active on this blog. So I thought I would kick off 2016 with a super, inexpensive backdrop tutorial. Let's face it, when we sell online the pretty photos are the ones that get noticed first. The internet has become a visual medium. I waste so much time looking a beautiful photos on t Pinterest and Instagram. So I have decided to step up my product photography game. I get the craziest ideas when I'm trying to go to sleep at night. Last night, as I'm about to drift off I came up this idea. Although, I'm sure someone out there somewhere has already thought of this.

This tutorial is super easy and it only cost me $2.00. I picked up two items from my local Dollar Tree. I purchased a mounted poster board and a roll of Toile contact paper. That's it. You just peel off the backing on the contact paper and apply it to your poster board. But let me give you a tip. Have someone hold the contact paper on each end of the roll --as you apply the corners down first. Then take a dough roller and slowly smooth out the rest of the paper as you are applying it to the poster board.


Here is the poster board after I applied the contact paper. 






Here is the finished product. You could use any kind of contact paper you wanted for this. You could also use wall paper, scrap booking paper etc. I think I am gonna try to make some more of these using some old fabric scraps I have. What I like about these are they are light weight and easy to store behind a piece of furniture when not being used. I hope I have inspired someone to give this a try. Please feel free to share your photos if do decide to make one. You can always email them to me at boothcrush@gmail.com  Comment below if you would like to see more background examples. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments