$1.00 Halloween Decor Items

5:33 PM

As vintage dealers, we always try to have plenty of merchandise in our booths as well as in reserve.   Sometimes our best-laid plans do not go accordingly. Last year, I was fulltime hands on trying to take care of both my parents, juggling back and forth from my home to my parents which was an hour commute plus two booths. As luck would have it, I ran out of time to hunt for Halloween goods. This just happens to be one of my favorite holidays so I was left scrambling to try to find cute things that I know my customers would want. Time wasn't on my side to junking so I improvised a bit.

I headed to Target and went straight for the dollar spot. I found these adorable velvet pumpkins for $1 each. They were pretty picked over and the only ones that were left were black and purple. So I opted for the black ones. I embellished them with little hand stamped banners. Well, I should say my cousin embellished them for me. I scattered them all over my booth. I haven't been to Target lately so I'm not sure if they have them this year or not. 
My next stop was Dollar Tree. I found these little pumpkins and plastic skulls. Perfect! They would do in a pinch. The pumpkins were orange and brown. I painted them with Annie Sloan chalk paint and then white waxed them. I added glitter to skull eyes and around the base. 
 The old galvanized pan holding all the baby pumpkins were from the Dollar Tree as well. I enlisted the help of my cousin to paint those and give them a makeover too.
 I also found these cute crows there too. So I bought several of them and gave them cute dunce hats. I already had the vintage brass frames in my stash so I printed off the graphic images and framed them.
The cute witch image is from a free public domain website. You can also find cute images on Etsy that you can purchase and download and print yourself.
 I added things like Spanish moss to my ironstone pitchers and milk glass vases. My booth wasn't overly done for Halloween but sometimes simplicity speaks volumes. I am happy to report all these items were a hit and I sold them almost immediately. So that's it for this post. I hope it has inspired you to get creative with your booth. Until next time. Have a good night. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments