Sources For Inspiration and Design Trends

3:17 PM

Folks often ask us where to find inspiration for their booth or the latest trends. We have compiled a list of various sources. There are so many places you can find inspiration that it's overwhelming. This is actually how the idea for Booth Crush came about. I was literally exhausted from having to toggle between, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Blogs, Websites etc. Then I had a light bulb moment. I thought wouldn't it be great if there were one place you could visit and find pictures of beautiful booths and relevant information. And while we're only a teeny drop in the bucket as to what's actually available online, we are a start and we are growing thanks to all of you. So if you are ready to learn more..let's get started. 


MAGAZINES: 

For me, I still adore a good old magazine. I love sitting on the porch, poring over all the glossy pages. There is just something about being able to touch an actual product and dog ear certain pages. It's a wonderful way for me to unwind. In my magazine basket you will find: 

The Magnolia Journal
Romantic Homes
Flea Market Style
Jeanne d' Arc Living
Better Homes & Gardens Do It Yourself
Better Homes & Gardens Decorating

BRICK & MORTAR STORES

Don't forget you can find the latest design trends by visiting stores like:  

Restoration Hardware
Ballard Designs
Anthropologie
Pottery Barn
Z Gallerie

Some of the stores are definitely on the pricey end, but it never hurts to look and be inspired. These companies also offer magazines. The one for Restoration Hardware is seriously like one of the thick, JC Penny Catalogs you used to get in the mail. Other stores to check out are: Home Goods & Hobby Lobby. They seem to always be up on the latest trends. Last by not least and certainly my favorite: Antique Stores. Shop local. Shop small. 

POP UP MARKETS & BARN SALES

These are great places to get inspired, especially The Country Living Fair


BLOGS

Blogs are another great source. There are millions of them for everything you can think, especially design. Here are just a few of my favorites.

At Home | a blog by Joanna Gaines
Junk Gypsy
Liz Marie Blog
Funky Junk Interiors 
Shanty 2 Chic


PINTEREST

To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of this platform when it first came out. But now, it has certainly grown on me, and I find myself visiting about once a week. According to an article written by Forbes Magazines in October 2016, Pinterest reaches 150 million monthly users. To read that article click here

INSTAGRAM

I love using Instagram, probably more than Facebook. It has become my go to source. If you are looking for some inspiration just add the hash tag before the word and then do your search. For instance if you want to look up farmhouse decor, you would type in, #farmhousedecor Yes, you have to type all the words together.

ETSY

I have been a seller on Etsy since 2008. I love this site. It has grown leaps and bounds since I first started my store. 

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

I have to be honest. Twitter was never one of my favorites. Although, I have used it it just never stuck.  

I hope you have found this information useful. If you have a favorite source that I have not mentioned please feel free to comment below. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments