Most Popular Christmas Merchandise for Vintage Booths

4:07 PM


I have had most of this post written since August and it would be a shame not to share it but honestly, with everything that has happened this year, it's kind of hard to get in the Christmas spirit. I have lost several family members and more recently my fur baby of 12 years passed at the end of October. For those of you that took the time to leave condolences on Facebook or send me a private message thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your kind words and supportive comments have been very uplifting. Through tears, I have been trying to reply back to each of you. It's just taking a little longer than I thought.
Now let's get to the fun stuff. For those of you that are new to the industry, you may be asking yourself what do I stock my booth with? The answer...lots of Christmas goodies. Even better if they are vintage Christmas items. I have compiled a cheat sheet for you. While I realize I'm very late to the game in posting this info, I figure better late than never right?

Some shoppers (not vendors) look all year long, but I would say the majority starts looking for Christmas items around mid to late Septemeber. A lot of stores including where I had my big booth, The Queen of Hearts Antiques & Interiors have their open house in November. If your store hosts a holiday event, be sure to get your booth ready. Shoppers love these events. They are in the buying spirit and they will buy something even if it's just a small ornament. I can't say enough about ornaments. I always sell a ton of these. All different kinds. New, old, handmade etc.

If you are fortunate enough to stumble across ANY of these items while out pickin grab them and grab them FAST! Because there are always other pickers out there shopping too. Even if you are pickin in the Spring...always be thinking ahead.  Without further ado here are our top Christmas items.

*Aluminum Christmas Trees
*Ceramic Christmas Trees 
*Old-fashioned Christmas Lights 
*Replacement Bulbs
*Ornaments
*Blow Molds (Santa, Snowman, Candles)
*Santa Mugs
*Christmas Books
*Wreaths
*Sleds
*Ice Skates
*Gurley Candles
*Christmas Cards (1900 - 1960)
*Christmas Ephemera
*Putz Villages
*Christmas Toys
*Wooden Nutcrackers
*Nativity Scenes
*Reindeer & Figurines
*Christmas Photos (1900-1960)

Always be on the lookout for these items and consider yourself lucky if you do find them. They are highly sought after and if priced right they will sell. Not everyone will be looking for antique and vintage decor. Some shoppers, especially the millennials will be looking for newer items. So if you want to pad your pockets for the holidays try to have something for everyone.




This next topic is a little touchy because I know I have a lot of vendor friends that only want to see true antiques and vintage goods in a booth. Most antique stores make you have a certain percentage of A&V merchandise while the other 20% of your merch can be newer items.

So if you crafty don't forget about all those unwanted wreaths at yard sales and thrift stores. There seems to always be a plethora of those around. Last year I picked up this large wreath for $5. I knew the moment I saw it what I was going to do with it. I removed the big red bow, painted the deer and added some leftover Christmas picks.  It took me less than 30 mins and it sold it the 3rd day for $85. I don't say this brag, but to show you there is money on the table.


Here is another inexpensive makeover I did with some thrifted picture frames a $1.00 bag from Dollar Tree. These sold like crazy for me.

I hope this post helped even if it was late. You still have time to get those Christmas items in your booth. People are still shopping. Happy Selling!!

Big Shout out to  Two Sister's Treasures  for allowing us to use this adorable Santa photo. Does your store or mall have a Santa? This is a great way to get shoppers.  If you are new here you can read a post we did called: 

Three Easy Ways to Get Holiday Traffic Through Your Doors


You Might Also Like

0 comments