I Said Goodbye to My Last Booth Yesterday

7:07 AM

Many of our followers know I was, and still am a full-time caregiver for my parents for several years. I gave up my large booth in the Spring because I knew my stepdad was going to be passing and I would be moving my Mother out of town. It was such an emotional time for me because I said goodbye to my antique store family on May 31st and then I  said a final goodbye to my dad the next day when he passed.

My booths kept me sane while I was navigating bumpy waters. As an only child, it was tough taking care of two parents, a little fur baby that has his own health problems and trying to deal with my own back issues. I always tell people ...having a booth is cheaper than therapy and way more fun. I know you "only child" folks know what I'm talking about. And please know...I am in no way complaining. I love my family very much and was very blessed to have been in a position that I could take care of them.

After leaving the large booth that left me with one small booth in a small nearby town. Thankfully, during the next four months, I was basically able to place this one on autopilot while we grieved, packed up 30+ years worth of belonging and eventually got Mother moved and settled into a new town. I had very little help doing all this and most nights went to bed in excruciating lower back pain. But when it's your Mama, there is nothing I wouldn't do for her. By the grace of God and a lot of sweat and tears I just took it day by day and did the best I could.

A couple of weeks ago, we buried a family member that was only 49. She was teaching Sunday school and dropped dead in church. Now, Mother went to the Dr and is dealing with yet another health concern. After reflecting on all that has happened this year, and I only mentioned a little,  I just decided to focus on my Mother and my little fur baby. They are going to be my priorities. So, yesterday, I went and collected all my items from my small booth. For the first time in a long time, I don't have a booth. And I'm ok with that.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know I don't want any regrets. I am also smart enough to realize I am very blessed to still have them both. They both have a lot of health problems and I've had two close calls with each of them. I just want to be able to give them all my time and attention. The booth industry will always be there, but I won't always have my family.

Dawn has a lot going on as well. But I will still post on Facebook and do some blog posts as time allows. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sticking with us through the good and the bad. We appreciate each and every one of you. We would not have grown to almost 8K followers in four years without you guys.

So now go give someone a hug. Tell them you love them. Let them know you care. If you are holding a grudge, let it go. Life is a gift and it's short. Time is very precious. Enjoy your loved ones because we never know what tomorrow will bring.

We love you guys!! Hugs from Booth Crush.

P.S. To anyone in the path of Hurricane Michael. You are in our prayers. Please be safe.






You Might Also Like

0 comments