Vintage Booth Build-Outs

9:20 AM

Apparently, our readers love seeing makeovers. Our post last night was a success. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read it. We received a lot of questions about different things that were discussed, but the most asked question was about build-outs. I wanted to do a follow-up today and talk a little bit about that and share some photos.

If you are just stopping by for the first time, we did a post yesterday on one of my old booth makeovers. You can click here to read it. A lot of you were wanting to know more about build-outs. So for those of you that weren't sure a build-out is any type of development or improvement to your booth. This can also include adding walls, a roof, or an expansion.

I'm going to show some examples below, but let me preface this by saying I don't do this to booth shame, anyone. I realize not all stores allow build-outs, or maybe you do not have the financial or  DIY resources to accomplish something like this. Unfortunately, I, too, have been in all three of these situations.

Here is a pic from one of my 2018 shopping trips at Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors. This was taken in the Marietta store. I swear they are not paying me for all this advertising, lol. This was my booth home for a while and I just happen to have a lot of store pics. Anyway, this booth is a good example. It reminds me of a little front door cottage. It has a tin roof, sides, lots of architectural salvage like the stained glass window hanging over the doorway and the weathered picket fence on the sides. This is one of the smaller booths at the Queen, but it is so welcoming and charming that everyone steps inside for a closer look.


This next photo is a booth that is referred to as the "Tiny House Booth" It belongs to Leisa Williams of Odds and Ends. She is one of the manager's at the Marietta store. She always does such a great job staging her merchandise. She has a larger booth as well. As you can see from the photo a roof or arbor has been added. The tall pitch is a bonus because Leisa can hang things from the ceiling.  

Dealers remember if you can hang things from the ceiling take advantage of this real estate. Just be sure to be mindful of taller people when doing so. The last thing you want is too-tall-jones hitting their head on something.  
This next pic is from my friends, Stephanie, and Kathy of Scrappy Chix. I'm showcasing this photo today to show you how they added a ladder across the top of their booth. That enabled them to hang their sign and to stage items on the ladder. Again, it's all about utilizing that real estate that you have. 

If you haven't heard of  Scrappy Chix they were my old booth neighbors and more importantly they are two of the four creators of the new Vintage Market called Georgia Junkies 41 This show will be held next month, March 22-24 in Cartersville, GA. Be sure to check back soon because we are going to be interviewing these ladies and doing an entire blog post just about the show and these ladies. 
I wanted to share this next photo to show you what you can do with those bare studs. This booth didn't have pegboard that reached all the way to the end. So small pieces of 2x4's were cut and added as shelving. It was a great solution to finish an unfinished wall and create shelving. Painting the space black really made the items pop too. This is from Brown Eyed Girlz.

If you ever find yourself in the Acworth, GA you should check out my friends, and store owners Kimberly, and Suzi at Woodstock Antiques and Consignment. I love these ladies. They have wonderful, true authentic antiques and vintage goods. I'm sorry I do not have any build-out photos to share of their store. But I highly recommend you visit them. 


While you are in the area. Be sure to go across the street and visit Woodstock Market. They have some phenomenal build-outs in their store. This next photo is from the crazy talented, Liz Carter of The Purple Cow. Her booth is huge and looks like a little storefront. Did I mention how insanely talented this gal is? Liz, paints, sews and is great at staging too. I could devote an entire blog post to just this booth alone. Are you interested, Liz? 


The next two photos are also from Woodstock Market
This has to be the granddaddy of all build-outs. This is right in the middle of the store. 

Hopefully, this has shed some light on this topic. We hope you enjoyed this post as much as you enjoyed our post yesterday. If you have before and after photos of a build-out you have done or have had done for you we would love to see. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments